High-protein meals, according to experts, will satisfy your hunger and keep you full for a longer period. Furthermore, when combined with exercise, a protein-rich diet aids in the development of lean muscle.
Here is a list of Indian lunch recipes to enjoy and also to loose weight.
1. Daliya Khichdi: Daliya, also known as bulgur wheat, is a nutritious breakfast option. These are high in protein and will keep you full for a longer period.
- Heat oil in a cooker. Add cumin seeds, ginger, crushed, and green chiles, and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and saute till translucent.
- Then add the chopped vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all the spices and stir well.
- Now add the washed Dalia and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Close the pressure cooker lid after adding water.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
2. Paneer Bhurji: This is a quick and easy recipe that everyone loves. Paneer is high in calcium and protein. The dish contains few carbohydrates and calories.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add some cumin seeds.
- Next, saute the onions till they get golden colour and add the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, salt, and turmeric.
- Cook the tomatoes till they are soft.
- Add garam masala and red chilly powder.
- Lastly, crumble the paneer and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Oats Upma: If you are looking for healthy quick breakfast recipes to help you lose weight, this high-fibre oats upma is ideal.
- Heat a pan. Roast the oats for 2 minutes.
- Once done, remove it from the pan and place it on a dry.
- The next step is stir-frying the veggies.
- Add a pinch of mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add curry leaves, ginger and green chillies to the pan.
- Saute all of the chopped vegetables for 3–4 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add water and salt to taste and bring it to a boil.
- Next, add roasted oats, stirring continuously.
- Let it simmer till the oats are cooked completely and soak up.
- Add a dash of lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves.
- Give it a nice stir.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 2–3 minutes before serving.
4. Protein-Rich Salad: Kala chana salad, also known as Kala chana chaat, is a protein-rich salad recipe. This is an excellent meal option for those looking to lose a few pounds.
- Soak chana or chickpeas in water for 6–8 hours.
- After that, cook the chana for 6-8 whistles.
- While this is boiling, add a little salt to this, and then turn off the heat and wait for the pressure to release.
- After that, strain the chana into a mixing bowl.
- Add in chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, green chillies, and coriander leaves.
- Season with black salt, chat masala, and 1–2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Mix well, and a delicious chickpea salad is ready.
5. Low fat Chicken Shawarma: A healthy filling for this high-protein healthy shawarma is thinly cut chicken strips tossed with tomatoes, onions, chillies, and a yoghurt-based sauce.
- Marinate chicken slices in all the ingredients and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Cook the chicken until it is completely dry and serve with pita bread or lettuce, tomato, sliced onion, green chillies, parsley and sauce.
- Take pita bread or lettuce and spread some sauce.
- Add chicken, tomato, onions, parsley, and chillies and make a firm roll.
- For the sauce, whisk all ingredients and serve with chicken and pita bread or lettuce.