- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 350g self-raising flour
- Zest of 2 oranges
- Raisins 200g
- 350g light brown sugar
- 6 medium eggs, beaten
- 280g grated organic carrots
- 275ml sunflower oil
1) Preheat oven to 180C or 160C for fan ovens.
2) Pour the oil onto the sugar and stir well. Pour this mix onto the beaten eggs and lightly mix with spoon.
3) Stir in the grated carrots, raisins, and orange zest.
4) Mix the spices and bicarb well into the flour, add flour mix to wet mix, stir well with spoon.
5) Pour the runny batter into the tin and bake for 45-50 minutes. Check after 30 minutes as ovens do vary. The cake should be well risen and
springy, check with a knife to make sure it’s cooked inside. Once
ready, turn out onto a wire rack.
6) You can eat this delicious cake just as it is with some tea.
Alternatively, you can cover in orange zest butter cream, or drizzle with
fondant icing sugar mixed with orange juice in a criss cross pattern.