- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 3 medium Bananas, very ripe
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend sugar and sour cream together in a large bowl with an electric
mixer. Add eggs to sugar mixture.
3. Peel and slice bananas. Mash them with a fork. Add to mixture in bowl and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Add half the flour mixture to the banana mixture. With a large spoon, stir until all the flour is wet.
6. Add the rest of the flour mixture and blend again until flour is wet to make the banana bread batter. (If adding nuts, stir them in now.)
7. Spray a 9 by 5–inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and put it in the oven. Bake for 1
hour. To test doneness, insert a toothpick in the center of the bread.
If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
9. Cool the bread at least 30 minutes before slicing.