Makes 6 servings
6 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
2/ 3 cup low-fat buttermilk
4 cups whole-grain cereal flakes
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Olive oil cooking spray
2 tablespoons honey
1. Place the chicken in a bowl with the buttermilk and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
2. Place the cereal flakes in a food processor and process until crumbs form (you should have about 1 cup of crumbs).
3. Transfer to a shallow dish and mix in the paprika, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
5. Remove chicken from buttermilk, shaking off excess buttermilk from the chicken. Discard the remaining buttermilk.
6. Brush each piece of chicken with honey, then dip in the cereal crumbs, press hard so the crumbs adhere to the chicken. Place the coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Lightly spray the top of each chicken thigh with cooking spray.
8. Bake until the chicken is crisped and cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories 330; Total Fat 7 g; Sat Fat 2 g; Protein 34 g; Carbs 34 g; Fiber 4 g; Cholesterol 125 mg; Sodium 410 mg.