- 1 carton drinking chocolate
- 5 balls stem ginger finely chopped (this comes in a jar with syrup)
- A small drizzle of the ginger syrup
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 cartons self raising flour
- 2 cartons of caster sugar
- 1 carton of sunflower oil
- 175g carton plain yoghurt (the measurements for the rest of the cake
- are measured using the empty yoghurt carton)
1) Grease and line a 7-inch round cake tin.
2) Pre heat oven to 170°C/Gas mark 3.
3) Place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat together, pour the cake
mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the middle of oven for
approximately 1 hour 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean from
4) Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes , turn the cake out onto a wire rack, then brush the top of the cake with some ginger syrup from the jar. Set aside until cold.