- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 4 large eggs
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- 130g sugar
- 120g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110g dark chocolate
- 150g flaked almonds
- 60g baby amoretti cookies
- Butter-flavoured non-stick cooking spray
1) Preheat the oven to 175°C.
2) Spray a 23-cm spring form pan the non-stick spray. Refrigerate.
Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20
seconds, for about 1 minute.
3) Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the
almonds and cookies are finely ground. Transfer the nut mixture to a
medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend
until creamy and smooth. Add the grated orange peel and pulse briefly, until incorporated. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the eggs are incorporated. Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend
again. Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until blended.
Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes.
5) Transfer the cake to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.