- Nip of rum or whisky
- 75g chocolate cake crumbs
- 60g glace cherries
- 75g raisins
- 250g dark chocolate
- 500g packet of digestives – crushed or blitzed in food processor
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 55g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 250g butter
1) This is delicious and so easy as doesn’t even need an oven. All the
work is in the measuring. It’s also good as it stays fresh for a good few
days in air tight tin.
2) Melt butter, sugar, milk and golden syrup over gentle heat in a large
saucepan. Once the sugar has dissolved, add cocoa, drinking
chocolate and half of the biscuits.
3) Mix well and then add all the remaining ingredients except for the
chocolate. Press the mixture into a 20cm/8 in square tin.
4) Melt the dark chocolate over a pan of boiling water. Once done,
spread it over the biscuit base and leave to set. This should make 30
small bars. Delicious!