- Finely grated rind of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons, strained
- 115g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175g (6 oz) Stork tub
- 175g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 175g (6 oz) self raising flour
1) Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl, add the
remaining cake ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until
2) Spoon the mixture into a greased and base lined 1 kg (2 lb) loaf tin.
3) Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4 for 1 hour or until
4) Turn out on to a wire tray.
5) Put the lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved.
6) Whilst cake is warm, drizzle the syrup over so that it soaks into the
7) Slice and serve warm.