- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup tinned pineapple, crushed and drained
- Pinch fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup plain flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line twelve 1/2-cup muffin cups
with paper muffin liners.
2) Whisk the flours with the brown sugar, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking
powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In another medium
bowl lightly whisk the egg, then whisk in the vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
3) Quickly and lightly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula. Stir in the carrots and pineapple just until evenly
moist; the batter will be very thick. Divide the batter evenly among the
muffin cups. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers
comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Turn muffins out of the tins and
cool on a rack. Serve warm.